Presentation video on the ChiRunning Principles, Position, Motion and Benefits. A ChiWalking Simplified! Video is coming soon.
What is ChiWalking® (cont.)?
ChiWalking combines the principles and inner focus of T'ai Chi with walking to create a revolutionary walking form that makes walking a daily, mindful exercise routine that promotes health in the body and mind, while reducing the chances of incurring injuries.
ChiWalking teaches the fundamentals of good walking technique through Five Mindful Steps which you apply to each lesson and each walk:
- Get Aligned
- Engage Your Core
- Create Balance
- Make a Choice
- Move Forward
The ChiWalking technique emphasizes good posture, loose joints, engaging your core muscles and being mindful in your movement. This approach makes walking easier on the body and helps eliminate the potential aches, pains and discomfort from walking.
Learning and Practicing ChiWalking:
- Supporting Products include a ChiWalking Book, Workbook, DVD and Audio CD.
- Read the Introduction to the ChiWalking Book here.
- Product information available via the Products Page with links to ChiLiving, Inc.
- Consider an Instructional Program described below.
- Group, Private Group and Individual Instruction options are available.
ChiWalking Instructional Programs:
Programs are structured in various formats depending on content and time restraints.
Some typical ChiWalking Program formats are:
- 2 hr. Initial Session
- Multi-session Program (2x2 hours, 3x1.5 hours, custom)
- Clinic (2-3 hours, custom), see below for a description
- Video Analysis and Review
- Tune-up or Special Topics Session or a Chi-Walk/Chi-Hike
ChiWalking Informational Seminars:
- An interactive presentation introducing the key principles of ChiWalking and ChiRunning.
- Presented at stores, health clubs, workplaces or your next club or group meeting ...
- From 15-60+ minutes per your input.
Public Instructional Program and Informational Seminar Schedule is posted here.
(Note the clinic content below can be broken into various multi-session program formats.)
The program will teach you to move from your center, your core, and not use your legs to walk!! You'll learn proper body alignment and movement techniques that will give you a powerful sense of balance and stability, as well as relaxation and spaciousness in your body and mind. The ChiWalking program combines the inner focus and flow of T'ai Chi with walking to create efficient and graceful movement. This approach engages the use of your core muscles for propulsion instead of relying solely on your legs. The workshop is suitable for all skill and fitness levels.
• Introduction to the ChiWalking® method
• Posture, Upper Body and Lower Body focuses
• Injury-prevention techniques
• Personal check-in tricks and tools
• Core muscle drills and exercises
• Innovative technique drills
• How to conserve energy at any speed
• Pre-walk Body Looseners
Clinic size is limited to ensure a quality experience. You will get lots of personal attention and enjoy a rich learning experience to help you walk in balance for the rest of your life. Each participant will receive handouts of the material covered in class. Pre and post-clinic phone and email support is also included as necessary.